+++ Service restrictions during the corona crisis +++
• Mandatory copies of doctoral theses can be sent by post or submitted after appointment.
• Contact details: email@example.com / 0241-8027005
- The library will reopen for students on August 10, 2020, Monday through Friday from 9am to 1pm to enable book/text research.
- There are a limited number of places available, which can only be used within a defined timeslot. Absolutely necessary is booking/registration at firstname.lastname@example.org using RWTH email address.
Please allow for one day of handling time.
- Please identify yourself when entering the library with the confirmation you received containing the reservation date, time and seat number. A form to fill in your contact details will be handed out.
- You can take off the mandatory mask when sitting at your desk.
- In order to keep the movement of people within the library as low as possible, we allow currently water bottles at your the desk.
- At the end of the opening hours, you will be asked to leave one after the other while keeping the distance.
- This service can only be maintained an eventually extended when we all follow the rules.
The Physics Library offers central services in literature and information research for the Department of Physics. It coordinates the journal subscriptions for the department, both online and print, and has a selection of basic textbooks available for physics studies, in addition to professional literature. It provides help with searches and interlibrary loans and has a large number of working places.
The library is a publicly accessible reference library and is open daily during the lecture period from 9am to 7pm, Wednesdays starting at 10am. Opening hours are shortened during the lecture-free period. Members of the institute are allowed to use monographs at their offices.
Physics Library Services
- General Information
Online Catalogue for the Physics Library
The search is limited to the holdings of the Physics Library.
Some of the books acquired before 1992 may not appear in the online catalogue. They can be found in the alphabetical card catalogue at the Physics Library.
To search the complete holdings of the Physics Library plus University Library please switch at 'Weitere Suche' to Universitätsbibliothek
- Journals with links to online access
- Library Guide
- Explanation of Call Numbers
Preprints and Journals
RWTH University Library (UB)